Platte-Clay Electric Calendar Photo Contest
“Life in Rural Missouri”
Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative is holding our annual photo contest for members’ photos to be featured in our 2018 calendar. Winning photos may be used in future newsletters or cooperative publications.
Plus, you’ll have a shot at a Prize – Winners of selected photos will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Platte-Clay Fuels gift card which can be used at either our Kearney or Platte City fuel stations. See the official contest rules for more details. View the complete Contest Rules below.
Click below to see the new Photo Contest Entries for 2017.
You can also view a list of the images that were entered in last year’s contest.
And you can see the winners who were chosen in previous years.
HOW TO ENTER
Potential entrants may enter the Calendar Photo Contest (Contest) by submitting photo as directed.
Photos must adhere to Contest theme, “Life in Rural Missouri”.
View the complete Contest Rules and Register to Enter below.
Photo Contest Criteria:
- Photos must be taken within the Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative service area.
- Photos should capture life in rural Missouri (seasons, wildlife, landscape, people, etc.).
- Photos must have a horizontal (landscape) orientation.
- Photos must not have watermarks or borders.
- Only high resolution photos can be used. Photos must be at least 300 dpi.
Photo Contest Rules and Details:
- Contest will run from January 1, 2017 until July 31, 2017; however, submitted photos can be taken outside of this date range.
- Three (3) photos per member will be accepted.
- All Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative members 18 years old and over are eligible to submit photos.
- Photos may not be submitted that have been entered into a previous PCEC judged contest.
- Digital photo submission is required.
- A completed entry form must accompany each photo.
- Member must own rights to photo.
- If there are recognizable people in your photographs, you must provide a photo release.
- Photographs will be judged by popular vote of the PCEC membership via the website https://www.pcec.coop/calendar-photo-contest/ August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017. In the case of ties, a winner or winners will be selected by PCEC staff.
Winners of selected photos will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Platte-Clay Fuels gift card which can be used at either of the Platte-Clay Fuels stations located in Kearney and Platte City. PCEC is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards.
By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. By submitting a photo, entrant acknowledges that he or she understands and agrees that Sponsor’s use of materials containing features and elements similar to or identical with those contained in entrant’s entry materials does not entitle entrants to any compensation. By entering, entrants waive any rights of action against Sponsor in connection with Sponsor’s use of any material (or any part thereof), whether or not the material contains features or elements similar to or identical to those contained in entrant’s entry materials. Entrants agree to release Sponsor from any and all claims, injury, loss, or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest. Entrants further authorize Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative the right to use their name, biographical data, city and state of residency, and entry materials in all media, worldwide, now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market, or advertise the Contest. By submitting any materials, entrants certify that such materials are original and created by entrant, that entrants has the necessary rights, permission and authority to submit such materials and that entrants maintain a valid copyright to the materials. Participants agree that any dispute arising out of this Contest shall be resolved individually without class action and exclusively by the state and federal courts in Kansas City, Missouri, under the laws of Missouri without regard to state’s conflict of law principles.
All entries are final upon submission. Sponsor reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entries, subjects, or related materials that Sponsor deems inappropriate, or otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards, audience expectations or reputational interests or that Sponsor believes may violate applicable law or the rights of a third party. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any entry or related materials, request additional information and to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject Sponsor to controversy, negative publicity, scorn or ridicule. Sponsor is under no obligation to use the entry materials, but may do so and edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
Entrants may need to complete Publicity Release upon Sponsor’s request.
Contest sponsored by Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative. Questions and inquiries regarding contest rules or technical matters including problems uploading photos, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest in any way at any time.
By entering this competition, you agree to these official rules.
Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative Calendar Photo Contest Registration Form
Please fill out a registration form for each photo submission.